Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care planning involves taking steps now to make sure you’ll have in place most of what you need to live comfortably as you get older. Having a thorough plan is especially important for women, because they typically live longer than men – and are more likely to need care from a paid provider.
Buying Long-Term Care Insurance can feel like an overwhelming task. However, this task can be made easier if you choose to work closely with a Certified Long-Term Care Agent who understands the complexities of this important insurance coverage. Here are some important things to consider:
Separating Myth from Fact
– I’ll never need long-term care.
– At least 70% of people over 65 will need long-term care services and support at some point in their lives.
(Source: 2015 Medciare & You, Centers for Medicare & Medicad Services)
– I’ve got the costs of long-term care covered
– Many people underestimate the costs of care, which today run about $18 an hour for a home care aide and $74,000 a year for a private room in a nursing home.
– My health insurance or the government will cover my costs.
– Private health insurance or Medicare will not cover all the costs of care. In reality, they cover little – if any – of the costs.
– I’ll never be able to afford long-term care insurance.
– You can do a lot to plan for long-term care. They key years to invest in this important coverage are ages 45-70. There are ways to establish self-funded plans that help you eliminate rising premium costs and the “use it….or lose it” reality that exists in most standard long-term insurance policies.
A key factor to securing the best coverage for you and your family will be the advice you receive. Rich Brewer has taken extensive classroom training and testing to become a Certified Long-Term Care Advisor (CLTC). He has been endorsed by radio talk show host, Dave Ramsey as an Endorsed Local Provider for Long-Term Care Insurance.
If you are interested in learning more about this important insurance coverage, please contact our office to schedule an appointment, or ask us about attending one of our local seminars being held throughout the Raleigh-Durham area.